Melatonin, can improve ability to sleep?

A few weeks ago, I have found out that my daughter sleeping problem has a name. It is called a delayed sleep phase syndrome. Meaning she would sleep later than she slept a day before and gradually each day. For example, if she slept at 9 pm yesterday, tonight she would sleep at 11 pm then 12 pm tomorrow and 2 am the day after tomorrow. Usually, she would sleep in between 1 to 2 hours later or no sleeping at all that night.

This is how I manage her sleeping problem. One hour before her sleeping time I would give her warm shower. After dry her thoroughly, I massage her using the Misk Aroma Gentle Baby Oil which I make with Lavender and Chamomile essential oils to relax her. The day her body hard and stiff, I use Arnica massage oil that I added Rosemary, Marjoram Basil and Lavender essentials oil to reduce muscle pain. Get her dress and then tug her to bed. I would off the light so she knows that when it is dark it is time to sleep. Light up the essential oil burner using Misk Aroma Help To Sleep with lavender and sage essential oils. Finally, I pat her while reading the 3 Qul's surah. She like a gentle touch on her arms when sleeping. Off cause I give her goodnight kiss and hugs too.

One way to help her sleeping during the night is by keeping her awake during the day. When her sleeping pattern goes to not sleeping at all during the night, I let her sleep until afternoon. I let the sun into her room by opening the window blind so she aware that it is a daytime. It is not easy when she has a prolonged seizure that lasts more than 5 minutes. She needs midazalam to stopped the seizures activities. That medication will knock her down immediately. Sometimes I was too tired, we ended sleep throughout the day. Alhamdulillah, la hawla wala quwata illah billah.

Her occupational therapy and the other lady at sleep study from The Center of Cerebral Palsy recommended her to take melatonin.

First I beg for Allah to make me patience in caring and loving my daughter. I also ask him to help me in managing her sleep. Insha Allah, we would try the melatonin and keep posting her progress.

I did some researched about the melatonin and here where I could refer back when I needed.

Researchers from the Divisions of Sleep Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School have found in a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical study, that melatonin, taken orally during non-typical sleep times, significantly improves an individual's ability to sleep.

This finding is particularly important for rotating or night-shift workers, travellers with jet lag and individuals with advanced or delayed sleep phase syndrome.

To read more click here.

This is another article about melatonin which contains the following topics:
Overview
Uses
Available Forms
How to Take It
Precautions
Possible Interactions
Supporting Research

To read more about melatonin click on here.