Remove a Harmful Thing from the Way

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

I was on the way to the kitchen, I saw Kay nearly fell on the floor. Her foot tripped over the vacuum cleaner cord, which was laying on the floor. I didn't do anything about it. When I was washing the dishes, I heard some noises from the lounge room.

"Tazzie... is that you.", I asked from the kitchen. She answer yes.

"What are you doing?", I asked her again while still doing the dishes.

"I am a good girl, mama.", she said. In my mind I see trouble. She is up to something, I thought.

"I am putting the vacuum cord in so Kay won't trip over it again.", She continued.

"Good girl, Tazzie, Masha Allah, how thoughtful you are.", I said. She came to me and gave a big smile and I smiled at her back.

Masha Allah, today my five years old daughter taught me the important of safety. Subhana Allah, she also reminded me the hadith about sadaqah.

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said, "There is a (compulsory) sadaqa (charity) to be given for every joint of the human body (as a sign of gratitude to Allah) everyday the sun rises. To judge justly between two persons is regarded as sadaqa, and to help a man concerning his riding animal by helping him to ride it or by lifting his luggage on to it, is also regarded as sadaqa, and (saying) a good word is also sadaqa, and every step taken on one's way to offer the compulsory prayer (in the mosque) is also sadaqa and to remove a harmful thing from the way is also sadaqa." Sahih Bukhari(Book #52, Hadith #232)


As a reminder to me esspecially are ayah from the Qur'an about charity, Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala said,

And spend (in charity) of that with which We have provided you, before death comes to one of you and he says: "My Lord! If only You would give me respite for a little while (i.e. return to the worldly life), then I should give Sadaqah (i.e. Zakat) of my wealth , and be among the righteous (i.e. perform Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah)).
( سورة المنافقون , Al-Munafiqoon, Chapter #63, Verse #10)

Comments