Hand Made Natural Soap

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu



My passion is making soaps. I am into natural soap after I realised that most commercial soaps made my skin dryer, itchy and red. The fragrance in it also trigger me a headache. When I stopped using the soaps that was manufactured commercially, my skin is moisture and I am hardly get headache, Alhamdulillah.

I made the soaps from scratch using palm, coconut and olive oil. It is a cold process soap made by mixing the fatty acids (oils) with sodium hydroxide (lye water), to form a chemical reaction called 'saponification'. It is actually the oil and lye water mix and become soap. This process will take 6 weeks to complete.

I used the coconut oil because it has a great lathering properties. The olive oil is mild with its gentle qualities and very moisturising. I added essential oils to create pleasant smell to the soaps and great for problem skin because of its healing benefits.

I enjoy making soaps. I love using homemade soaps because they have a great lather, mild but yet it is moisturising.

Now my husband likes making soaps too.

Comments