Conductive education: School for parents.

Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu

I love Friday. It is a special day for Muslims because Abu Huraira reported the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) as saying: The best day on which the sun has risen is Friday; on it Adam was created. On it he was made to enter Paradise, on it he was expelled from it. And the last hour will take place on no day other than Friday. (Sahih Muslim, Book #004, Hadith #1857)

It is also the day I go to school for parents at Muja's school. These are Muja pictures at her kindy, Carson Street School. I took them on the day I went to the Conductive Education school for parents.

At the school Muja and me learn daily living skills. It is in a sequence of activities on the motor skills. There can be a task series for lying on the plinth (or slatted table), or for hand skills, or preparation for walking. Insha Allah, next time I will post about her walking task, as it was very interesting for me.


Muja lying on the plinth task series.

I really enjoy in the sessions involving Muja in active sitting, standing, walking, manipulation, communication, cognitive development and self-help skills.



Muja sitting while wait patiently for a craft activity.



There are special wooden furniture that encourages Muja to hold and grasp. These can include things like ladders, slatted “plinth tables”, sticks and grasp bars attached to tables.



Muja hold on the grasp bar with arm wraps on to stratch her arm straight.



It is one of the best moments I spend with her and it is very special, as I learn a lot about her ability. Insha Allah, with it I can continue the tasks at home and teach other family member by modelling to them. So we all can get involve.

Comments