Muja first day at Conductive Education Pre-primary without Teacher-Conductor

In the name of Allah; the Merciful; the Compassionate - بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you - السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

It is Muja first day at pre-primary today. She slept well last night so she looked so fresh this morning. I packed her bag with her feeding equipments, hearing aids and communication book. Her father helped load her insert (seating frame) and stroller in the car. I changed her nappy before leaving the house. I put her AFOs on and lift her into the car seat.

When we arrived at the Carson Street School we saw Natalie first. After greeting each other and asking about the holiday she told me that Muja class is not running by her. She is with the kindy like last year. I am so upset when she said that the per-primary will be leading by a training teacher and not a qualified teacher-conductor. I am so angry at the CSS and DET. Why is the teacher-conductor not here yet?

Anyway when we enter her class we were greeted by some familiar faces like Suzanne (EA), Rozie (relief teacher?) and Annatte (EA). There are more new EAs. There are 7 students in pre-primary including Muja. It was busy as the children were queuing for the toilet. After saying good bye to Muja I left. I catched up with other mothers outside the class. Evan's mother ask me if she could load Muja's photo into CECWA website. I said go for it.

In the afternoon I picked up Muja at 2:30 pm. She just got out of the pool and ready for changing. The swimming instructor told me how Muja is growing taller. She also said that Muja enjoyed the swimming today.

In her communication book I know that at school today Muja said that she didn't like her morning tea and it was yukky.

I am hoping that CSS and DET will make sure that my daughter and her friends will get the Teacher-Conductor as soon as possible. What is a CE program without the qualified Conductor?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear of your understandable disappointment.

You pose an honest and straightforward question: 'What is a CE program without the qualified conductor?'

Here's an an honest and straightforward answer: whatever it is, it isn't a CE program.

Whatever it is might be very good of its kind, but it isn't a CE program.

So, be patient, appreciate whatever it is that the present set-up does for Muja, and hope that her pre-primary soon finds the conductor that it is surely seeking.

Good luck,


Andrew.