The result of Muja third sleep study.

In the name of Allah; the Merciful; the Compassionate - بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you - السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I am so sorry for taking so long to post this. Something happen in my life and it was so unexpected and I need some times to deal with it.

We came back to PMH for the sleep study result in the middle of February 2009. I am very frustrated with the result that Muja can't go on the CPAP machine because there is no right size of mask for her.

When I came in instead of telling me what came out from the study the doctor asked me what I thought about the study. So I told him that I found out that the CPAP machine didn't make Muja go to sleep but her snoring gone and her breathing was clear. But this is good sign that I don't have to worry if Muja stop breathing at night because her breathing airways blocked. Not to mention that her snoring disturb my sleep. Of course she was uncomfortable with the mask because it was her first time put on it.

The night when we did the study, the machine kept turning off by itself and the nurses had to switch it on again and again throughout the study. It won't happen if they haven't provided the broken machine for the study. And I am sure they have plenty of spare CPAP machines where they can change that night when they found out that the machine didn't work.

The doctor said that the nurses had a hard time just making sure the machine kept going. He also said that there is no right size for the mask so she can't go on the CPAP machine. I can't believe this.

What really disappointed me was he will refer Muja back to ENT for the other option which is to remove her tonsils which we are not going to do in the first time.

Before I left the Respiratory Medicine Department I asked the doctor if by increasing melatonin dosage will help her go to sleep and he increased it to 10 mg.

For 1 week I gave her melatonin, she sleeps early than before. I only stopped the melatonin because it increased her seizures and also her pubic hair grows (it increased puberty).

The earliest time she goes to sleep now is at 10:30 pm and without melatonin, Alhamdulillah. I think the school makes a big change to her sleep time as well. Now that she is at school fulltime, she is too tired after school. Usually she has a small nap after school and goes to bed between 10:30 pm to 12:30 am. She wakes up at 8 am to get ready for school.

Alhamdulillah I am happy with her sleeping time. Alhamdulillah and I hope it will get better. And only to Allah I ask for help.


Today, you can make an immediate difference in the life of Muja. Please send the most generous gift you can here! Thank you.

Comments