ENT appointment discussing Muja tonsils

In the name of Allah; the Merciful; the Compassionate - بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you - السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

It was 9:20 am when I woke up last Friday, morning. Oh no! Muja has her ENT appointment at 9:45 am. I woke Muja father and rushed to get ready.

We arrived at the PMH at 10:15 am. Alhamdulillah the receptionist did not mind we late. This appointment was a refer back from Respiratory Medicine when Muja can't be in CPAP machine because there is not small mask for her cute little face.

Soon after that we went for hearing test in a sound proof room. Sometime she looked at the puppet when sound were made. According to the lady who did the testing she was not respond well. So she used some instruments to test her hearing.

Muja lost her hearing at birth time severely. She is using hearing aids since she was 18 months. She cannot talk but she is using a PODD book for communication.

I don't know how well she can hear, but I am sure she can hear especially when I call her name. She always smile when she hears her name.

After the hearing test we waited for a few minutes before Muja's name was called in. The doctor asked about the CPAP even though I knew he alredy read it in Muja's medical records. I told him the same thing. He checked Muja's ears and throat. Then he said that if Muja is his grandchild he would have her tonsil removed tomorrow, because it can make more damage to her brain. The tonsils blocks her airways so her oxygen level is low when breathing.

We said that we will think about it since Muja is scheduled for PEG surgery for sometime. Next months she will be under anaesthetic for her Botox injections and hopefully we get a dentist who can clean her teeth at the same time.

The doctor said that if she is going to remove her tonsils it will be like 2 months after her PEG incision. He also told us about complication of this surgery and some other stuff, like staying in ICU after it.

So now we have a decision to make...Insha Allah I better make Istiharah prayer to ask Allah to guide me to make the right decision for Muja. May Allah protect me from making anything that can harm my child. Ameen.

I am thinking about doing oxygen therapy for Muja again. Maybe this will benefit her.

Comments