Hip Surveillance for Children with Cerebral Palsy

In the name of Allah; the Merciful; the Compassionate - بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you - السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Today I went to PMH with Muja for her Hip Surveillance appointment. It was raining when I left the house. Alhamdulillah I got a handy disabled parking behind Hay Street Building. One of the mother told me last time when I came for Muja Botox injections. Alhamdulillah when we arrived there the rain stop, so I got Muja out quickly before it started to rain again.

Alhamdulillah, we waited for a while until a physiotherapist called us in. She welcomed us warmly as usual and asked me about fasting and weather it is too early to greet me Eid Mubarak. Masha Allah it is only 10 day until Ramadan will end. It feels so fast.

Before she did some measurements on Muja's hips, she sent Muja for an x-ray. After the x-ray we went back to see the physiotherapist. Alhamdulillah the good news is her hips has stayed the same since six months ago. Alhamdulillah it did not get worse.

Last March when Muja had her hip surveillance an x-ray showed that her right hip migrated 39 %. She was referred to Orthopedic Surgeon who then recommended for her soft tissue surgery. Now Muja is in waiting list for the surgery.

Muja has been attending the Hip surveillance since she was two years old, after she had her first Botox injection. There will be a following up at the Rehabilitation Clinic after the hip surveillance to see the Rehabilitation Paediatrician for pre-Botox injection. If there is hip dislocation or if it is at risk the Hip surveillance will refer to the Orthopedic Surgeon.

Here is a documentation about Hip Surveillance for Children with Cerebral Palsy.



Since her right hip did not get worse, I just wonder if it is better not to proceed the soft tissues surgery, since she is not in a lot of pain lately, at least after her last Botox. What do you think?

Mean while I know that I need to do Istikharah.

Comments