Stiff and tight muscles.

In the name of Allah; the Merciful; the Compassionate - بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you - السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Last week Muja's physiotherapist, Tanya, came to our house to teach me how to stretch Muja's stiff and tight muscles.

Muja has Quadriplegia Spastic Cerebral Palsy which means she can't control her body movement and muscle co-ordination. It affected all her four limbs. Her muscles are tight and stiff, and have increased resistance to being stretched.

Usually Tanya goes to Muja's school to do the treatment but this time she came to teach me how to do the stretching. She showed me first then I practised after her. First she did on her legs then her arms. She also made Muja lay on her tummy to stretch her upper back legs and help to control her head. Slow stretching often brings relief to muscle spasm.

A few day before I had a meeting with Muja's teacher to set her goals for the next six months. One of the goal is how to manage Muja's stiff and tight muscles. Natalie told me about a traditional sage bath practise in Hungry Conductive Education and would like to try it for Muja. She said that sage should not be used by persons suffering from epilepsy but we can try anyway since Muja hardly get her epilepsy recently. I think it is a great idea and can't wait to see its outcome.

Currently Muja is attending Hips Surveillance Clinic and Orthopaedic Clinic at Princes Margarate Hospital to manage her muscle spasms. She receives Botox injections every six months to relax her upper legs muscles.

I take Muja to alternative medicine to treat her muscle pain with accupunture and homeopathic remedy. Her Naturalpath prescribe Magnesium to ease her muscles.

I use aromatherapy arnica massage oil which I made using essential oils of lavender, marjoram, rosemary and eucalyptus. You can also use the same essential oil in epsom and sea salts bath. A bath soak with salts can have amazing health benefits like easing stiff and sore muscles.

I would try add sage essential oil when I mix her massage oil next time, insha Allah. Sage is anti spasmodic: This property of Sage Essential Oil can ease stiff muscles and eases trembling and palsy.

Comments