Alhamdulillah, Mujhee's cast is off

In the name of Allah; the Merciful; the Compassionate - بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَـٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you - السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Early this year, Mujhee, her sister Kayy and me went to PMH to take off her cast. I took Kayy with me because it was school holiday. Usually I could not take any of my kids to Mujhee's appointment because the time is always during school hours. Most of the time Mujhee has to miss her school.

Mujhee had her soft tissues release for her thigh abductors and hamstrings at the end of November. She was in an A shape cast and a stick between her knees for a long six weeks. At least that is what I felt, endless. I was counting each days for the cast to be put off. I think Mujhee would think like me.

She was uncomfortable in it especially at night and when she was laying down on her bed. Most of the time she sit well on her modified wheelchair. It was uneasy to change her nappy particularly when she done a poo. Sometime she felt distressed, painful and irritated.

The appointment that day was at the Orthopedic Department in PMH. It took about an hour to cut the cast out. Alhamdulillah Muja tolerated to the vibration made by the saw but sometime she turned stiff as her reaction to that vibration. After the stick between her knees was cut, then the left leg cast was opened. As soon as it opened Mujhee tried bending her knee. Then the physio opened the other cast on her right leg. There are few pressures marks on both her heels and around her ankle. Her physio said that she will be in pain after this and suggested pain stop for Mujhee.

After the doctor prescribed for the medicine, I stopped by at the pharmacy to order pain stop. Then I went straight to Occupation Therapy Department for Mujhee's modified wheelchair. It also took another hour for the hospital technician to modified her wheelchair back to normal.

On the way home I realised that I forgot to pick up Mujhee prescribed medicine which I order earlier, so I went back to PMH.

That afternoon I went to my mum's house for dinner. We had colourful rice with fried chicken and salad; mee rebus and chocolate cakes. Yummy. My mum always cook us delicious food.

Alhamdulillah since the cast is off for good, her sleep is improving. I am sure she feels lighter and comfortable without it. She needs a lot of stretching as her legs are still tight. Insha Allah I will post her Conductive Education Summer Program which she attended after her cast went off. Once a while she is in pain but the pain stop relief her pain, although not always.

I would like to thank her father especially for his loving and caring to Mujhee which is beyond his power. To Mujhee's siblings, I appreciated all your helps and understanding during this challenge time.

Alhamdulillah we have been through it and it only made us stronger. All praise belong to Allah.

Comments

I have seen many blogs and have don research on many but most of them lack of good substance but I would say that you are doing a great job and keep the good work on

Learn Quran, Read tajweed Quran online, learning Quran online Koran