Everyday should be a Mother's Day.

Alhamdulillah, o thank you Allah
mama home, alhamdulillah
abah home, alhamdulillah
thank you Allah for your blessing on me.

I remember singing the above nasheed with my children when they were little. This song makes me remember that parents are blessings from Allah and I must be grateful to Him and appreciate my parents. Without them there wouldn't be a story of my life. No lightnur! 



For Mother's Day, do you want to know what Mujhee wrote about me at school? She said that I am good, great and clever. Her words touched my heart deeply and tears ran down my checks. Subhanallah, how Allah put immeasurable unconditional love between us. How Merciful is He? Extremely!


She also paint a portrait of me. I'm so proud of her painting. For me she is my Picasso. I love you, Mujhee. 

I remember years ago when Niifah and Kay asked me what gift I want for Mother's Day. I told them that we don't set aside special day to honour our mother because it is not enough to celebrate for only one day in a year. You have to remember her struggle and sacrifice as she carried you, gave birth and raising you up. You should love, respect, obey and be grateful for your mother and your father everyday. 

There is no doubt that in Islam, we have high respect for mothers. The Creator of human beings has commanded us through His words in the Quran, to treat parents with kindness and to respect them at all times. We have to appreciate what they do for us.
"And We have enjoined upon man, to his parents, good treatment. His mother carried him with hardship and gave birth to him with hardship, and his gestation and weaning [period] is thirty months. [He grows] until, when he reaches maturity and reaches [the age of] forty years, he says, "My Lord, enable me to be grateful for Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and to work righteousness of which You will approve and make righteous for me my offspring. Indeed, I have repented to You, and indeed, I am of the Muslims." [Noble Quran 46:15]

 We were asked to obey our parents and take a good care of them especially when they get old.
"Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him and that you be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness, lower to them the wing of humility and say, "My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood." [Noble Quran 17:23-24]

In our household, we do nice things for each other through out the year. Anytime of the year we appreciate one another and not just on a special holiday or when the card company decides. 

As parents, it is an amanah or trust from Allah to me to make my children growing up as a righteous people and be responsible for their on deeds. In sha Allah, I should love, take care and provide my children with what they need. My children has to understand that the kind treatment and respect towards me and their father will only bring them closer to Allah. 

I work hard every day but I don't ask anything in return because I do it for the sake of Allah only. My wish is that my children will always pray for me after I passed away. Most importantly, I pray that we all will be reunited in the paradise on the hereafter. I also ask Allah to reward my parents with the best rewards for what they did to me.

Comments